Friday, November 24, 2017

A Non-Traditional Thanksgiving Day Celebration

Warning: The last picture is somewhat graphic. 😳 This year we enjoyed a very non-traditional Thanksgiving at our house. On Sunday I wanted to get a head start on a busy week so I made a pecan pie, but the people wore me down and it was gone by Monday night.

Today we spent the day caulking the outside of the house and ate our Thanksgiving feast in our pajamas at 7pm. 


I let Josie and Kate be in charge of the table decorating and they made this beautiful “rubbed leaf” table runner. πŸŒΏπŸƒπŸπŸ‚

  
Our last homegrown turkey made it on the menu but was so big it wouldn’t fit in the oven. So I had to “spatchcock” it and cut it in two and put it into separate ovens to cook. The video made cracking the sternum look way easier than it really was. πŸ”¨ Ha!

 


Ty ended up taking a hacksaw to it. LOL! And of course we always combine our anatomy lessons with our culinary classes.  

   
This will definitely be a year to remember! But regardless I’m still incredibly grateful for all the blessings that we have been given and the simple things in life. ❤️πŸ˜‹πŸ— Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment