Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Melissa's Pregnancy Journal 5.18.10

May 18, 2010

Well baby Josie Lynn Sleight is here! She was born at 1740 yesterday. She was 7 pounds and 21 inches. At about noon yesterday I wasn't really progressing so Dr. Packham broke my water. Then I really started having painful contractions. After about 1 1/2 hours, I was able to get an epidural and life was heavenly after that. I quickly went from a 4 1/2 to an 8 in about 1 1/2 hours while I was able to sleep. It was wonderful!

About half hour after that I was ready to start pushing. When I started you could see her dark hair coming out. I pushed for about 45 minutes and finally she came out… Face first. Sunny side up they call it! They didn't know she was faced that way and knowing that had said that I did excellent! They stitched me up a little.

She had a huge lump on the front/top of her head. We teased that she wanted to be a unicorn. She was quite blue/gray when she was born and didn't make any noise, except when the nurse gave her her shots. The Dr. said that was normal. Her APGARS were nine and nine, excellent.

She has lots of dark hair. The RN who worked overnight gave her a bath and put two cute bows in her hair, I got some hand and foot prints and made a cute card with her name and info on it thank you Rita! Today she's just been eating and sleeping she's totally content just hanging out.

I feel pretty good but pretty sore, but that's pretty normal. Lots of people have been into see her. More updates later!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment