Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day and Other Nonsense

Today for Valentines Day Ty gave me a clothes line that I've asked for a while! I'm so excited! I'm not one of those wife's who get mad when their husband buys them something like a vacuum, blender, treadmill, etc. I actually ask for those kinds of gifts!!





So for Ty I made a yummy lobster tail dinner, with risotto, steamed broccoli and for dessert I made these super rich "Jelly Donut Cupcakes". I got a 500 cupcake recipe book from my boss for my birthday. Basically they are regular vanilla cupcakes, with the tops sliced off, a little bit of the inners scooped out, filled with black raspberry jam and iced with blackberry flavored butter cream frosting. I guess he liked them, cuz he ate three of them!!

I didn't get any pictures of the dinner, but here's my handiwork for the cupcakes! The icing tasted like Huckleberry Ice Cream!! Yum! I really like this blog Bakerella and decided to try a few decorating tricks of my own. So...I'm not quitting my day job anytime soon, but it was fun!! :)











A few weeks ago a friend of my gave me a whole bunch of her little girls clothes. Ty was really not interested, although I kept showing him EVERYTHING!! Since he was bored this is his idea of a good photo shoot! Ha!























Don't ever leave Ty alone with the Camera!!

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. Thats a ton of clothes! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always impressed with your cooking, you make the yummiest-sounding things! When we were in school I had no idea you were such a Bettie Crocker. Your cupcakes look awesome! Glad you had a good V-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hand me downs are the best! Brett was totally not interested in going through them with me when we got some for Macy either. He still rolls his eyes whenever I try to show him something I bought for Macy. Men...they'll never understand! :)

    ReplyDelete