Sunday, March 11, 2018

First Ski Trip for the Little Guy


We finally have enough snow to ski! This weekend was a beautiful sunny day at Pomerelle Mountain Resort. Ty was on call so he missed out on all the fun, but I decided to take the kids and head up to the mountains. Rhett hadn't yet tried skiing and was excited to do so. We got the gear rented and sent the girls off on a group lesson.

Rhett had a private lesson with a teacher named Amanda before lunch. Side note Rhett is potty trained but I wasn't about to take him to the potty every hour while skiing...therefore diapers to the rescue!


I was watching for the first little while, but he would get a bit needy every time he would see me so I got out of sight. He did so good but was ready for lunch and a bit of a break, and his ski boot to be adjusted.


After we finished eating, we went back out and we all hit the Magic carpet for several runs. The weather was so nice we only wore our snow pants and gloves. 


Rhett was so cute. He kept telling everyone, "They're not turning, they are not turning. He even yelled several times, down the hill at our friend Paula, "Paula's not turning." I think he's got it figured out!


After the kids were done for a bit the adults took turns taking several runs down the mountain while the kids had a snack and relaxed in the sun. 

Maybe we'll get one more chance to head up before summer gets here.



Sorry I guess I didn't get any pictures of the girls, but I promise they were there!

1 comment:

  1. Grandpa here ... it must have been quite a sight if you were only wearing snowpants and gloves!! ;)

    ReplyDelete